Ensures a safe living and working environment for our guests and colleagues.
This supervisory position should Implement Emergency response / Loss prevention plans in association with Security manager, Fire Department and other relevant authorities.
.Ensures smooth coordination and operation of all “Life and Fire Safety” activities interfaced with security department.
* Ensure effective maintenance and reliable operation of all life safety systems together with the director of Engineering, carries out “in house” testing of the fire and life safety systems as nominated by the General Manager, in accordance with the standard “Weekly / Monthly Checklist”.
* Issues deviations from the “standard” checklist to all departments in writing and ensures corrective actions are taken against these deviations identified.
* Supervises all specialist contractors testing of systems identified by the Director of Engineering, in accordance with the standard “Weekly / Monthly Checklist”.
* Maintains all records of testing, maintenance and remedial work for all Life Safety Equipment & Systems including Vertical Transportation.
* Ensures we have valid authority certificates at all time
* Regularly follows up, meets and discusses with authorities involved in life safety issues, inspections and regulations.
* Liaises with security manager and ensures that standards identified Emergency response & Loss prevention manuals are applied.
* Liaises with security manager and ensures training of the “Emergency Response Team” is to a high standard and includes “hands on” use of all relevant firefighting equipment.
* Liaises with training manager and conducts orientation training in “Hotel Emergency Procedures” for new staff.
* Promotes safety awareness for all hotel employees and conducts refresher training for all staff.
* Liaises with security manager ensures that fire drill is carried out in accordance with national guidelines, including evacuation drills and arranges for the local Fire Bureau to participate in training and fire drills.
* Maintains records of all training, fire drill tests, and recommendations for improvement.
* Ensures initial detailed familiarization of fire and smoke compartments requirements in the hotel. Subsequently supervises and monitors of any breaches in these requirements and reporting these in writing within 12 hours.
* Ensure that fire stairs and escape ways are unobstructed and clear of flammable materials. Reports in writing within 12 hours when “breaches” in requirements are observed and monitors and reports on corrective measures.
* Ensures that all life safety signage, be it illuminated or otherwise, is correctly maintained.
* Ensures that appropriate fire doors are “unlocked” at all times. Immediately arranges for doors to be unlocked and files a report on the incident.
* Ensures smooth coordination and operation of all activities where “Life and Fire Safety” are interfaced with “Security”. Informs and coordinates with security at all times where fire and life safety related issues impact on functions carried out by the Security Department (particularly when the fire control room is controlled and operated by the Security Department).
Primary Location:* India-Jaipur-Fairmont Jaipur
*Employee Status:* Regular
*Job Level:* Management / Supervisory
*Shift:* Rotating / Shift Work
*Closing Date:* 12.Nov.2015, 11:59:00 PM